This afternoon, The House of Representatives passed the $1.9 Trillion Relief Bill.
The Bill is expected to be signed into law by Friday.
Included in this bill are:
- $1,400 Direct payments for each individual making less than $75,000/year and couples making less than $150,000/year and $1,400 for each dependent
- Continuation of the $300 additional Unemployment Benefit
- Expand the 2021 Child tax credit; the tax credit would be as much as $3,600 for children up to age 5 and as much as $3,000 for children 6 to 17.
- Funding for Vaccine distribution and coronavirus testing
- $350 billion for states, local governments, territories and tribal governments
- $130 billion for schools
- Temporary increase in subsidies for those who purchase Health Insurance through the Affordable Care Act’s Marketplace.
- Excludes Student Loan discharge amounts from income until Jan 1, 2026